Parents Code of Ethic Pledge
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every match, practice and tournaments.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win, I will be in control of my emotions.
- I will remain in the spectator area during wrestling matches; I agree that I will be responsible for my behavior as well as those who attend the match with me.
- I will insist that my child will participate in a safe and healthy environment. I will support coaches and officials working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all. I will not advise the coach on how to do his job.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from there use at all wrestling events. I will not drink alcohol at any matches or come to one having drunk too much.
- I will remember that the matches are for our wrestlers not adults. Participation in youth sports is a privilege not a right. Please show respect for all participants at all times.
- I will do my very best to make wrestling fun for my child. I will not coach my child during the match. I will not instruct him to harm any other participants knowingly.
- I will ask my child to treat other wrestlers, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability. I will not make insulting comments to wrestlers, parents, officials, and coaches of either team.
- I promise to help my child enjoy the sport of wrestling by doing whatever I can such as being a respectful fan, volunteering and by getting them to practice and picking them after practice on time.
- I will require that my child’s coach be trained with the responsibility of being a youth sports coach and the coaches code of ethics.
- I understand that my responsibilities include setting an example for my child and that any breech of those responsibilities will result in my inability to attend matches or practices if deemed necessary by the coaches.
Shouting abusive language at opponents, officials or spectators is strictly prohibited and a violation shall result in the enforcement of the schools rules. At the time of any incident of physical abuse by any spectator, the officials will meet with the head coaches of both teams in order that every effort is made to identify the assailant. Physical abuse of an official by a coach or a parent will result in the suspension of the coach or parent from the Easton P.A.L. activities for an entire calendar year commencing with the date of the infraction.
Ejection: any player, coach (head or assistant), or spectator who is ejected from a match or causes a match to be forfeited due to unsportsmanlike conduct will automatically be suspended for the next match. A second offence will cause such wrestler, coach or spectator to be automatically suspended for the remainder of the season. Any flagrant offence is caused for automatic removal from the Easton P.A.L. organization.